Are you the skilled, compassionate and experienced Veterinary Technician our team is looking for?
Juanita Bay Veterinary Hospital is currently recruiting for a full-time, Veterinary Technician (licensed or non-licensed) for our small animal practice located in Kirkland, Washington.
Since being established in 1961, Juanita Bay Veterinary Hospital has continued to provide exceptional medical care and customer service to the Kirkland community and surrounding areas. Our AHAA accredited, state-of-the-art hospital is located within walking distance of beautiful waterfront parks, restaurants, and shopping. Our team is dedicated to enriching our employee’s careers through mentorship, fully utilizing applied skills, encouraging personal growth, and communicating openly with honesty and integrity. The strength of our organization is the people within it. The mutual respect, camaraderie, good humor, and shared passion for high quality veterinary care is what our team genuinely takes pride in and what makes Juanita Bay Vet such a rewarding place to work.
Job Description (duties include, but are not limited to the following)
- 8 to 10-hour workdays, 4 to 5 days per week, (Staff alternate Saturdays)
- Assist Veterinarians in exams, medical treatments, dental procedures, and surgeries
- Accurately obtain, record, and report vital signs and medical history
- Client education
- Anesthetic monitoring
- Digital radiography
- Blood draws/ Prepare and test lab samples
- Maintain high standard of hospital safety and cleanliness
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Current, non-restricted WA state LVT license
- Self-starter that can prioritize tasks and calmly work under pressure
- Efficiency multitasking at a fast pace while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellence in customer service as well as client and team communication
- Experience with Cornerstone preferred, but not required
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
I am so lucky to have found my place at JBVH. This is a place where you are truly supported and always encouraged to grow. We strive to better ourselves and stay up to date on the latest medicine. Our clients are awesome here. I cannot imagine working anywhere else.Rachel M., LVT
Sure, anyone can say they love where they work, but I will tell you WHY I love Juanita Bay Veterinary Hospital- first things first I would trust anyone there with my own animals. The care is top notch, the facility is brand new and caters to any pet’s needs. A calm and quiet cat ward, a cozy kennel area, the pet’s needs are always thought of first. The genuine, and caring staff- it’s the kind of co- workers I have always wanted. They are easygoing, helpful and display the very best care to every single patient. From the owners, management, to the doctors, the receptionists and everyone that makes up JBVH, every single area is exceptional. I tell myself on a daily basis “this place is awesome! Aren’t you lucky to work here!” I’ve worked in the field for over 16 years, but this place is by far the perfect fit for me. I love my job!Rachel E., LVT
I like working with animals and people. I have found JBVH to be very supportive place to work. I trust everyone here with my pets, I look forward to coming in every day, we have great clients, excellent management and doctors who treat staff respectfully. I’ve been here for 11 years- that says it all.Lucie, Receptionist
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Competitive Wages: $17-$25 per hour DOE
- Paid Personal Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Discounts on Services
If this opportunity interests you and you have the required skills and experience, let’s talk!
Please submit your resume and a cover letter via email to email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your application, and we look forward to hearing from you!